CASHMERE CARE AND WEAR
We know you will love your Birdie Cashmere Garment and want to enjoy it for many years to come, so it is important to follow the care instructions below. We prefer to wash our cashmere by hand using a gentle wool wash detergent, or you can have it dry-cleaned.
- Turn the garment inside out to wash the fabric where stains and odour build up on the inside of your body.
- Prepare a basin/sink of lukewarm water with 2 capfuls of Wool Wash Detergent.
- Submerge the garment in the water using your hands to gently agitate the water and detergent, soak for half an hour.
- Rinse well in a basin or two of fresh water until all soapy water runs clear.
- DO NOT WRING, instead squeeze or press water from the garment.
- To Dry - place the garment on top of a towel making sure it is flat and in its original shape, then roll it up in the towel (like a rolling pin) to remove most of the water.
- To finish drying - Lay item flat and re-shape into its original shape on a drying rack or towel.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight or heat. Never hang cashmere because it will distort the fabric and ruin the fit.
- For a perfect finish, we like to steam our cashmere with a warm iron, this helps reduce any fuzziness.
- Some pilling is expected with all woollens. It is more likely after the first couple of wears and in areas of friction (ie under the arms and sides). This is easily removed gently with a lint comb or by picking the tiny balls from the garment. Please remember Cashmere is delicate and cannot withstand several days in a row of wear and needs resting and to be treated and worn with Care.