About Us & Enquiries
Simply, Purely, Beautifully - Birdie
Our Factory is well established and pride themselves on the production of quality garments. They do not employ any Child labour and their Staff are well paid and enjoy good working conditions, taking several holidays each year. The main Yarn Supplier they use is well regarded and the yarn is sourced from several farms in Inner Mongolia and its surrounds. Cashmere being a natural fibre is renewable and as I said our designs are not throw away, but Classic, which means garments when cared for, can be worn for several seasons and not tossed away because they will be out of fashion the following year. Please have a look at the Gallery (below) for some images of our Factory's working conditions.
CASHMERE - 'Fun facts you may not know?
- Cashmere fibre is actually not a wool but hair.
- Cashmere is at least 3 times warmer than wool.
- The harsher the climate the better the quality of the cashmere produced by the goat.
- Cashmere production originated in India in the 1700's (Kashmir Region). Today China is the largest producer of Cashmere producing 60% of the overall crop.
- Quality depends on the length and width of the fibre. Width = Softness. Length = Strength. Long thin fibres are the better quality and will soften over time. Pull your garment and it should go back into shape and crush it and it should only wrinkle a little.
- During Spring, the goats malt and the soft underbelly and throat fibre is hand combed out. One goat produces approx 150 gms of down hair a year, not even enough to produce one average 250gm jumper! The fibre is collected (manually combed), de-haired (coarse outer hair separated using machinery), washed, spun and woven or knitted....as you can now appreciate, a lengthy process.
|@ Email to: email@example.com @ Melbourne - Australia|